Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My favourite songs sung be Sanjay Subrahmanyan

Okay, I've been wanting to write this one for a long time!!
Well, I basically love everythin what Sanjay sings but there are some which are really special to me..
1. Dikku theriyadhakattil - Ragamalika- Subramania Bharathi
2. Aarar Aasaipadar- Nadanamakriya- Muthuthandavar
These are two songs really really special to me.. I used to listen to these every morning durin my board exams, even if I was gettin really late.The song wud be automatically playin in my mind during the exam also.. I'm absolutely sure this was one of the things that helped me do my exams well..
Thank you Sanjay!!
Ok gettin back to the list..
3. Chinnanjiru Kiliye- Raagamalika- Subramanya Barathi (My recent favorite)
4.Manadhirku ugandadu- Sindu Bairavi- Tanjavur Sankar Iyer 
5.Bajare re Chitha- Kalyani- Muthuswamy Dikshithar
6. Manavyalakin- Nalinakanthi- Thyagaraja
7. Aarumo Aaval- Maand
8.I just love the Virutham in the Kshetra Chidambaram CD ( Mannadhi Boodhamodu)
9.Kanavendamo- Sriranjani- Papanasam Sivan
10. Maname Ganamum- Bhimplas- Papanasam Sivan
11. Thillai Sthalam- Sama- Gopalakrishna Barathi
12. Uppum Karpooramum followed by Innamum oru thalam- Behag
13.Engum Niraindhirukkum- Navaroj
14. Yaaro ivar yaaro- Bairavi- Arunacala Kavi
15.Vetta Veli- Kudumbai Siddar-Huseni
16.Kanthimathi Annai nee gathi- Kanada- Papanasam Sivan( Forgot to add this earlier, but actually its one of THE BEST!!)
 
These are only a few I could list down.. But there are lots more!
I hope Sanjay sings atleast some of these songs in the coming season, especially Chinnanjiru Kiliye!! 
 

5 comments:

jeevagv said...

//I hope Sanjay sings atleast some of these songs in the coming season!! //
:-)
I would add:
* யாரோ இவர் யாரோ என்ன பேரோ
* அனுமானே சாமிக்கிந்த அடையாளம்

Poornima said...

Yeah, Yaaro was already on the list and I Anumaane also,I have a special liking for Malayamarutham..

Anonymous said...

"My favourite songs sung by Poornima"

1.Mokshamu Galada-Saramathi-Thyagaraja
2.Saravanabhava ennum thiru mandiram-Shanmugapriya-Papanasam Sivan
3.Nadaloludai-Kalyana Vasantham-Thyagaraja
3.Nannu Kanna Thalli-Kesari (sindhu kannda) -Thyagaraja
4.Aasai mugam-Jhonpuri-Subramanya Bharathi
5.Marivere Gathi-Ananda Bhairavi-Shyama Sastry
6.Entha Muddo-Bindumalini-Thyagaraja
7.Sabapathikku-Abhogi-Gopalakrishna Bharathi
8.Manavyalakin- Nalinakanthi- Thyagaraja
9.Swagatham Krishna-Mohanam-Oothukkadu Venkata Subbaier
10.Shri Ganesha Charanam-Tilang-Papanasam Sivan
and...............
Warning:All the singers out there,Beware!
Poornima is on her way!!

Poornima said...

Ahem Ahem!!

R Suryanarayanan said...

good blog. do u have sanjay's chinnanjiru kiliye mp3?