Monday, May 26, 2008

My Meet and Greet Dhoni Experience!



Ok guys, I told you I won this Airtel contest and was supposed to meet Dhoni..

Ok, basically, I’ll tell you what happenned..

To all those Dhoni fans out there, please open your eyes and read fully!

This programme was already rescheduled one time and this Sunday I went over to Park Sheraton to meet him at 10:00.. There were some 20 other people there.. So we were taken to one room and we waited, waited and waited, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30.. No Dhoni or anything! Yeah now he woke up at 11:30, it seems, then we saw him in the swimming pool and then he went off for his exercise session.. And we were served breakfast next!

I’m saying “Omg, I don’t want breakfast, I want my Dhoni!” And then guess what happened, Dhoni refused to come of of his room as he was afraid that he’ll be bundled with questions about the previous lost match! But seriously guys, I don’t know if that’s true. I heard this from the airtel representatives. I’d had enough!

But then guess what, I went down for a stroll and I met most of the other players. I took a picture with Parthiv Patel, got autographs from him, Shane Warne, Morckel, Ntini, Fleming, Siddarth Trivedi, and lots others!

Ntini is this super cool guy! He doesn’t care about whos there.. talks to everybody as if hes not a celebrity at all! It was fun talking to him!

And coming back to the Dhoni part, he at last asked everybody to be there at the entrance and said he would wave at us when hes leaving to the airport! You think we are all mad cocks eh to sit and wait for so many hours and then he’ll wave and go!

At last guess the time when he came out, it was 1:15PM, but omg he wasss so cuute! Then he gave us a group photo, but then didn’t give any of us an autograph. I decided I’m not leaving him alone and ran behind him past the security line, patted him and said, “Please you cant leave without giving me an autograph” and so ya he smiled and gave me 1.

But all of us were thoroughly disappointed. We had planned on what all questions to ask him n all!But I guess tats what celebrities are all about!

Well, though I'm saying all this, it just doesn't mean I started hating Dhoni.. Hes still one of my favorite cricketers and one person who I treasure close to my heart.. I'll try and try and maybe I'll get to meet him again some day, some time,

* No offence meant through this post to anybody, I was just expressing my feelings..

3 comments:

~vidhya!!! :)~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~vidhya!!! :)~ said...

soo he smiled at u luckY butt again!!! pheww! sooowee abt the last comenti deleted by mistakeee !! :D

Anonymous said...

hey hi. i am seeing your blog only now after 3 years. i met dhoni the same day 25.5.2008. i am the one near dhoni. it was one of my memorable days. hope i see dhoni again.